1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo g580 opens at boot menu/app menu screen help!!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by lampii, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lampii

lampii Thread Starter

[​IMG]

this is what it looks like! please help me I am in trouble. I tried looking at other people's questions about this but none of the answers seem to help me and it always redirects me back to this same screen.please tell me what to do!

2. lampii

lampii Thread Starter

and it won't let me exit either!

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    That's when you turn it on using the regular power button, right? I had to ask the "dumb" question because it looks more like that other little button (forget Lenovo's name for it) that brings up boot menu and other BIOS/UEFI/Setup type stuff.

Did you do anything special or have some strange Windows 8 problem just before this mystery started?

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

You are probably right on the mark TerryNet, on my Lenovo G780 which is in the same ballpark as the OPs laptop(since the manual that came with mine has his model # on my booklet) and the small button is positioned right beside the Power button, why they put it so close to one another is in my opinion, a Bad decision, it should have been placed on the other side furthest away from one another, anyway, here is the brief description of this button, called the “Novo button” on mine:

"Novo button: When thecomputer is off, press this button to start the

Lenovo Recovery system or the BIOS setuputility, or to

enter the boot menu."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!