Lenovo Ideapad Motherboard

dude502173

I just shipped above laptop to My GF overseas and upon initial setup running on battery it seemed okay but after it was plugged in and while setting up windows 10 it crashed and power was going on and off repeatedly with no real screen (Due to lack of power I guess) Repair guy said motherboard was shorted out and needs to be replaced-Does this sound like it was mishandled during shipping? The charging plug has a built in voltage adjuster 110-220V of course I'm just wondering why it seemed okay initially running off of battery power only and got shorted out after it was plugged in Thanks in advance guys!

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Does this sound like it was mishandled during shipping?
1. Welcome to the site
2. The question above is impossible to answer - in the prevailing situation

The charging plug has a built in voltage adjuster 110-220V
automatic or switch operated

4. It certainly seems as though the problem is connected with the AC power circuit
When it was running on battery of course this was not in use.
When connected it provided a charging circuit to battery and of course voltage via the AC adpater circuit to run the laptop

5. As you do not have possession of it and your relative has alreadsy referred the issue to a repair guy - there is little if aynthing we can do to assist

6. When windows 10 is being setup - installed - the computer does restart a number of times and of course on each restart there is a blank sxreen but usually only for a few seconds

7. The best suggestion I cam make is - is your relative satisfied as to the reputation of the engaged repair agent.

You make no mention of which model of lenovo Ideapad or indeed is the charger connected USB charging port or jack type, and presumably when AC was disconnedt and laptop rebooted it did not resume OK on battery.

Chargers should NEVER be connected with power on from AC - charger is conbnected and then AC power sitched on.

dude502173

Lenovo Ideapad L340 AC Adapter is Jack type not USB Type Repair Guy in P.I. said to just buy another one because it would cost $500 to fix it His labor is only $100 Do You think I can get a motherboard for $200 in USA?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do not know as I am in UK
This may be of assistance
Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming Series Hardware Maintenance Manual

Is the computer under warranty
It would not be the first time that a power adapter has gone faulty and inputted wrong power to laptop

What does the report from the repair guy say regarding the cause and his diagnosis of shorted out board

Has the repair guy provided some evidence of his conclusion that it is a shorted out board.

You need to tell us all you know, so that I may give you my best advice.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online