Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenovo Ideapad restarts automatically

930 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Frankenstein123 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I have been facing an issue for about a week. My lenovo ideapad restarts automatically after I shut it down and shows the novo button menu. I checked if my novo button is pressed or damaged but that is not the issue. I tried everything on the internet, tried disable fast startup, automatic restart, change value of powerdown after shutdown from 0 to 1, stopped tasks from task scheduler, everything. One of the symptoms is the energy mode change from battery saving to intelligent cooling, the system boots in selective startup and not in normal boot even after I changed it and restarted. I think it is not hardware related as I run all troubleshooters and lenovo diagnostic tool. No files is corrupted I also checked it. Please help me.

#2 ·
Have you considered doing a System Restore? Also check the Event Viewer for errors or warnings at the time of the shutdown's malfunction. Event Viewer, Windows's log for the system, should give you an insight into system errors. Let us know if there are any errors or warnings in it at the time of the shutdowns. There should be an ID code for the type of event, too.

#3 ·
I thought about doing a system restore but I would like to keep all my softwares and files, that it is why I am looking for an alternative method. I have looked into the event viewer before, but there are np critical error except when in the battery runs off. Only error I think worth mentioning is Windows Kernel tracing error

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.