1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y460: Webcam is not detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by darthdusty, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. darthdusty

darthdusty Thread Starter

A few days ago I tried to use my internal webcam, and it would work for a few minutes via Google Hangouts and then freeze. On Skype, it would be detected for a second, then make a sound as if I am unplugging a device (e.g. disabling a driver), and reconnect. Lastly, I reinstalled CyberLink YouCam 3, and now the cam isn't detected at all. Anybody have any ideas as to what it could be?

P.S. If it's a driver issue, does anyone know where one is? I can't find one on the blasted Lenovo site anywhere!

Thanks in advance everyone!

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Theres 2 different sites for lenovo computers. Look for the one that has the drivers for the different models of ideapad laptops. It might be listed under support drivers and downloads. The other site is for the older ibm computers and thinkpads. It might be listed under laptop integrated webcam or something close to that.Im going to guess that yours came either with windows xp or vista. i had a y530 ideapad that came with vista so there should be the correct drivers for it.

3. darthdusty

darthdusty Thread Starter

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I've looked, can't find anything.

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1039452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice