1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo Startup Loop

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by brotato3, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brotato3

brotato3 Thread Starter

I'm using a lenovo laptop that is stuck starting up, but there is some detail i need to go in to...

So I started getting this error about "Defualt Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed". I proceeded to follow some steps to fix it that had worked for someone else. Here are the steps i had followed exactly:
    step 1 ) Power on your laptop

Step 2) Enter into Bios Setup

Step 3) Goto Boot Tab

Step 4) Highlight Boot Mode, press Enter, swap from "UEFI" to "Legacy Support". Under that Swap UEFI to legacy First

Step 5) goto EXIT tab and highlight Exit saving changes . Press Enter.

Restart Your Laptop

Now, after I had restarted my laptop, I am got stuck on the Lenovo starting screen with the little dots going in a circle, it had gone nowhere for 2 hours.
    I was using windows 10 before all this happened, As much as i hate to mention it, i started punching it the same day all this started happening, it was because of league of legends rage XD

After all this i would now get a blue screen that says it ran into a problem, STOP CODE: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

I then proceeded to follow someones advice and try starting up in safemode, i got the same bluescreen error.
    So at this point i decided to goto onekey recovery and restore everything back to its original settings, but after 3 long hours it was still at 0% and 0 bytes/minute. I knew that the onekey recovery was broken so i force shut it down by holding down the power button. Now that I try to start it up, it gets stuck in a loop, its shows a screen that says this:
    Intel UNDI, PXE-2. 1 (build 083)
    Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

This Product is covered by one or more of the following patents:
    US6,570,884, US6,115,776 and US6,327,625

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Series v1.38 (06/16/15)
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

After about 5 seconds, its changes to the lenovo booting screen, just the lenovo logo, and that stays for about 20 second, and then it goes back to the screen with the text, and so on so forth.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sounds like you damaged your hard drive by physically abusing it. You may need to buy a new drive and hope that's all you broke.

3. brotato3

brotato3 Thread Starter

I want to try everything i can before I come to that conclusion

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Duplicate post

5. brotato3

brotato3 Thread Starter

?, the first part is copy and pasted, but i updated it with new details on whats going on

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It's still a duplicate thread to your other thread, you can add info to that thread. As such I will close this thread.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice