1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo T410 stuck in start up loop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by block2012, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. block2012

block2012 Thread Starter

My lenonvo (thinkpad) t410 is stuck in startup. I was checking email and I noticed that my screen was freezing up a bit when an error message box came on screen (unfortunately I did not take note of what it said) and my computer began to shut down by itself. I hit the power button to make sure it wouldnt restart and gave it 20 minutes before i went to turn it back on. Now when i try to turn it on, it shows the lenovo splash screen but then goes black and shows the splash screen again, never proceeding to windows. I have spent most of the say looking up possible solutions, but while many people have had similar problems, most other posts involve system recovery options, which do not appear on my screen. It is allowing me to boot into BIOS but I have not been able to find a solution there. Do I need to reinstall Windows? Please help.

2. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

At the splash screen have you tried tapping the F11 key for recovery.

3. block2012

block2012 Thread Starter

I tried that and all it did was beep and continue cycling between the splashscreen and a black screen

4. marbski

marbski

try to change your keyboard... See what happens...

5. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

Sounds like the hard drive may have died, in the BIOS are you able to see the hard drive?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!