1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo T450s can't connect to Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JGSMass, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JGSMass

JGSMass Thread Starter

I have a T450 running Windows 10. I purchased it less than a year ago. I recently upgraded my home router to an apple airport extreme. My computer shows a strong signal yet can't connect to the main network. Somehow it can connect to a guest network on the same account but it is very slow. I believe there may be some issue with the AC7625 wireless card working with the apple product as I've seen in other forums. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas on how to fix? Thanks.

My computer worked fine on my pervious linksys router.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Lenovo's web site.

3. JGSMass

JGSMass Thread Starter

I have the newest Lenovo drivers. Intel has newer drivers but they advise you use your laptop manufacturer's drivers.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I agree to (almost always) use the PC manufacturer's wireless driver. However, since you are having a problem it does not hurt to give the Intel driver a try. Roll back if it doesn't help significantly. And visit the Lenovo site weekly to look for an update.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1173291

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice