1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo T510 hard disk crash.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nirleo, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nirleo

nirleo Thread Starter

Hi,

The hard disk of my laptop T510 has carshed. This means that when I start my laptop, it does not boot up. It displays an error message that it is unable to access the hard disk. I tried putting that one into another laptop and it was unable to detect this hard disk. It is considering it as a raw disk.

Let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
    Nirleo

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well if the hard drive has truly failed, you should test the drive with the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostics to verify that, then you would need to purchase and install a new drive and reload Windows.

3. nirleo

nirleo Thread Starter

But I do not want to lose my data. Is there any way that I can put in the missing boot files.

4. Dougx789

Dougx789

From what you have described you're not missing boot files therefore this is not an option.

Therefore you will need to follow the process Triple6 (Rob) stated

Find the manufacture of the hard drive (label on the hard drive will tell you) go to their website and download the diagnostic utility. Make a bootable USB or CD with it and run the long scan. This will give you information as to what it wrong with the hard drive.

If you are luck this will be fixable... If not you will require a new hard drive. Data recovery options can be discussed after you have ran the manufacturer's diagnostic utility.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If you didn't want to lose your data you should have backed it up.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1095092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice