1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo U430 "Fully Charged" issue but not charging

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mosassas, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mosassas

mosassas Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Today, I plugged in my laptop's charger, everything was fine until my laptop indicated it's "100% full charged" then I unplugged the charger and everything totally shut down. I connect the charger again, I found out my laptop is blinking with an orange light like 2 times every second, I hit the power button and it's working totally fine but when I unplug the charger it shut down again.

So I'm seeking help with you guys what to do. By the way, I tried uninstalling then some battery driver in the device manager like most of the available youtube video regarding this issue and it didn't work.

Laptop is Lenovo U430 Touch, Windows 10 and battery life is 6 hours(yesterday)

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    The battery isn't working. The 100% charged is a false reading.
    You need to take it somewhere where the battery can be tested.

I just went through this with a laptop. I bought a new replacement battery. It worked fine for 10 days, charging/discharging and supplying power. Then the light started flashing amber and it would not charge. Fortunately, I bought the battery locally and it comes with a 1 year warranty. I took the laptop and battery back to where I purchased it. They tested the battery and it failed so they gave me a new battery under warranty. Ihope this one lasts more than 10 days.

mosassas likes this.
  4. mosassas

mosassas Thread Starter

Nice, Yeah I'm thinking to buy a new one instead too. Thanks !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1188071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice