1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo V570 bios update crash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by martonlorand, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martonlorand

martonlorand Thread Starter

Hi all , I have a Lenovo V570 laptop. I had problems for some time now with the heating , in like 15 minutes it reached 85 C .
    I decided to apply termo paste to the processor and the video card ! After doing this it still had a hight temperature . Then i tried tu update my bios seeing there is a new version, and then my laptop stoped working in the middle of this operation it just frooze up! The bios update has crashed (P.S the update was downloded from the official lenovo site ) . I restarted and the a black screen apeared and I can't do nothing. I hear the fan is running when i start the computer for like max 10 seconds. Also i hear the HDD and the DVD rom. I plugged in into the USB a telephone and it started charging it, the usb works. I tried to reset the bios but on this kind of motherboard there is no Pin to reset it. I tried to boot the bios from an USB flash but did not do nothing !
    I pluged in an externam monitor but it is still black !

Please help me with this , what can I do ?
    Is the motherboard dead becouse the bios updae failed ?
    How can i test if the motherboard is dead to bee soure ?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I found this procedure on a lenovo forum. Give it a shot and see if it works for you. If not, it is not worth putting money into fixing this laptop.. New ones are pretty cheap and having a new mb installed in this one will cost more than a new laptop.

BTW the spelling errors are from the forum NOT mine.

Bios recovery procedure

How to Recover a bad or brick bios in lenovo laptops:

1.Download Phoenix Wincrisis then Click on the WINCRIS.exe and choose CREATE MINIDOS CRISIS DISK and press START to make: USB Flopy or usb flash memory.
    When creating the boot Floppy or usb memory, select from Folder Options to view the hiden and system files and delete or rename the file config.sys if present.
    2. Download your Bios file from lenovo.com if u dont have it, Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: USB Floppy/usb memory.
    3.Plug USB Floppy/usb memory into laptop and shotdown.
    4. Hold down Fn+R keys and while holding press the power button.
    5. Now you should hear the flopy drive working or usb blinking, hold the keys for a while.
    6. Leave the computer for few min. and if the computer does not restart it self turn the power down.
    7. if everything went OK the computer shold start normally.
    Download Phoenix Wincrisis Links:
    link to file
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ztmilmmeymr
    Note: This procedure is for Phoenix BIOS`es only and this metod works only for lenovo.
    VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUTE RECOVERY LENOVO LAPTOPS: Do not take off your battery before flashing unlike the others brand that you should take off battery!! It seems that before flashing, it verify AC/DC connection and battery level. If one of them is not ok, then reflash is stopped.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1102632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice