1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo, Windows 7, VirtualPC problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Nickolodeon, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nickolodeon

Nickolodeon Thread Starter

Hi.
    I installed xp onto virtualPC environment in my notebook with Win7 installed. Screen dimensions are 16:9.
    The problem is that screen "ears" are cut off in xp, when I run VirtualPC in full screen mode; dims are 5:4.
    Anyone has collided with such a problem?
    P.S. My desktop computer's monitor (16:10) works just fine.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The resolution of the virtual system is too large for the laptop screen to display fully. Either adjust it down or only run it with an external monitor.

3. Nickolodeon

How do you mean "too large"?

4. antech

antech Banned

Change the resolution to something like 1280 X 768/800 in the Windows Xp installed under Virtual PC

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The resolution is set too high. The numbers are too big. However you want to describe it. Move the resolution slider down.

6. Nickolodeon

Why then my desktop computer's 22" monitor streches xp full screen? Also, splash (loading windows) screen, although black around logo and loadin animation bar, seems to be clipped at "ears" as well - I thought screen resolution isn't applied at that stage yet.
    By the way, VirtualPC emulates video card as Trio video card brand. I'll try to install that driver under VirtualPC - may be that'll clarify the cituation.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I'd need a screen shot to understand what you're talking about. I'm not familiar with the technical term "ears" with regards to VirtualPC.

8. Nickolodeon

ears-dead offsets at sides of a monitor.

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I still don't know what you mean.

10. Nickolodeon

Well, just imagine how 16:9 screen would display centered 5:4 dimensions picture. The rest area at screen sides stays unused, blank, vacuum, none, nada, zero, black, void...

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I thought you were having a problem displaying the VirtualPC system. Now you're saying the problem is with your host system display?

12. Nickolodeon

Problem displaying full screen VirtualPC in a way described above.

13. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What is the resolution of the VirtualPC guest system? Is it a 16:9 or 4:3 resolution? Can you change it?

14. Nickolodeon

Hosting win7's resolution is 16:9, of course. And VirtualPC's video configuration isn't that flexible, I'll see if I have tried all combinations, b/c now I don't remember. Since VirtualPC works fine on my desktop comp, it might be VirtualPC's inability to correctly query laptop's graphical adapter.

15. antech

antech Banned

I think the Laptop's resolution and graphic card is to be blamed for the problem.
    I do think that there is an option to make the Virtual OS same as the Host OS.
    Check for that

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921136

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice