Lenovo X1 Carbon Screen Replacement

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mckayeaston

I am attempting to replace the screen on my laptop. It works otherwise and I currently connect it to a monitor. While waiting for the replacement screen I purchased, I opened the laptop to look at what I've got to work with. I disconnected the pins and detached the old screen. Then, I reattached the old screen the same way it was before as a trial run for the new screen, but now the power won't even turn on.

managed

Allan
Is there no sign of life, like light(s) coming on, fan noise etc ?

As a test try it with the (old) screen disconnected from the motherboard, it should use the monitor if the laptop does power up.

mckayeaston

No life when pushing the power button with or without the computer being plugged in, without or without the old screen attached.

I did not disable the battery in BIOS before removing the old screen. Could that have caused a problem?

managed

Allan
No life when pushing the power button with or without the computer being plugged in, without or without the old screen attached.

I did not disable the battery in BIOS before removing the old screen. Could that have caused a problem?
I don't think the Bios battery being connected would cause a problem if that's what you mean.
Or do you mean using a Bios setting to disable the main battery ? I've never seen that before.

You could try removing the Bios battery and the main battery for a few minutes though, that should reset the Bios settings to default values, which could help.

mckayeaston

Well, I disconnected everything and reconnected it back and now it appears to be fully functional. I'm not sure what caused it, but all is well. Thanks!

managed

Allan
You're welcome, I'm glad you got it going. :)

(If/when you're sure it'd fixed click on [Mark Solved] at the top of your page please).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online