1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo y510p slow fps

Discussion in 'Games' started by Samppa411, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samppa411

Samppa411 Thread Starter

Hey, I bought Lenovo y510p laptop like 2 weeks ago. It is the SLI version of the y510p. The laptop worked just fine when I was playing with it, ran CSGO and Skyrim on Ultra settings over 60 fps. Couple days ago, my friend broke my charger, and I went to Walmart to buy a new one. I bought the Duracell charger which is 90 watts and it was compatible with my laptop. Then I plugged it in, and tried to play csgo but the fps was like from 5 to 15. I have no idea how this happened. I also took off my battery and just tried to play it without it and just charging the laptop, and when I opened csgo the laptop shut down. I already made virus tests and there was nothing in the viruses. Please help me if you can, I really wouldn't want to send this to the warranty since it's brand new and propably gonna take atleast a month. Thank you already!
    Specs:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8138 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 913054 MB, Free - 795269 MB; D: Total - 25599 MB, Free - 16086 MB;
    Motherboard: LENOVO, VIQY0Y1
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

2. Megabite

Megabite

My guess is that the Charger may not be compatible with that laptop....90watts yes but has it got the correct DC output.

Also you didn't say how your original charger got broken. like was it attached to the laptop at the time?

What could be happening is..when you plug the new power supply in it is not the correct power your PC expects so it disregards it and runs off the battery at lower everything. As when you take the battery out it will not run at all. Easy place for damage is where the power plug goes into the laptop.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!