1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo Y570 ideapad Repeated Bsod's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by staatz99, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. staatz99

staatz99 Thread Starter

I recently purchased a Y570 from Lenovo and have had it for about a month with it working great. I use my laptop for World of Warcraft and I've been very happy with its preformance so far. 2 days ago while searching a news website my computer crashed for no reason with a bsod titled "Bad pool header" upon restart I did the repair option, it went threw its thing for a bit told me to restart so I did then got hit with a bsod "memory manager" upon restart this time I started in safe mode and ran chkdsk.

It ran threw its whole thing had me restart I did and everything seemed ok. I put in a dvd watched about 2 hrs out it then it froze into a bsod which happened so fast I couldn't see the error message and restarted. Since then I have gotten tons of bsod's with either "memory manager" "bad pool header" or "page fault in nonpage area". Its gotten so bad if I start up normally it crashes. If I try the repair option it crashes. If I try safe mode i get to the login and it crashes. If I try safe mode sometimes it will do chkdsk which will either run all the way though restart and crash or crash upon chkdsk.

I've tried to find some help on the net and some people with similar errors have reported replacing the ram and its fixed the situation. Would this be possible for me to do? Id rather not send my laptop in if its something I can fix by replacing ram. Any thoughts? so far Lenovo has been 0 help, I tried posting on their forum and got nothing.

2. staatz99

staatz99 Thread Starter

Upon the one key restore feature trying to get back to default I got a bsod " irql not less or equal" as I tried it again I got an error message stopping at 3% the instruction at 0x771aab7f referenced memory at 0x732dc000 memory could not be read. As I clicked through the error message I got another bsod "memory manager".

Any got anything for me?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice