1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo y580 won't boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by somethingjohn, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. somethingjohn

somethingjohn Thread Starter

Hi,

I own a Y580-M772CMH 15.6FHD/i7-3610QM/8G/ laptop with Windows 7 and a few weeks ago I used Ccleaner to clean the registry. Like the dumb stupid person I am I did not pay attention to what it was "cleaning".

Next time I booted up my Laptop it failed to start Windows and gave the following message:

Check cable connection!
    PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
    No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

So next time I pressed F2 while booting to see:

Boot Device Priority
    Internal HDD: SAMSUNG MZMPC064HBDR-000L1
    SATA HDD: ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
    SATA ODD: Optiarc BD ROM BC-5550H
    Network Boot: Atheros Boot Agent

To me it looked like I still had both disks working so I put in a Windows ISO before boot to see if I could repair. The System Recovery Options screen showed me no known existing OS on the device.

So I powered down and used One Key Recovery which told me when I clicked to restore to factory conditions that the partition layout has changed.

Finally I used a bootable Partition Wizard and that showed me this:

[​IMG]

Note the negative used value at disk 1.
    To my layman's eyes it seems like the SSD and HDD, that are normally combined by a Lenovo software Raid are now separate. And something I deleted with Ccleaner by accident caused it (probably).

Main thing is, I actually don't know what the problem is and so don't know how to proceed.

I'm afraid my data is lost to me, which isn't a terrible loss, but am I correct in assuming this?
    I've been linked this as a solution but the links in there on step 5 of the solution aren't working anymore.

5, Download these files:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/191008d1325460004-bootable-iso-create-installation-...
    http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/191009d1325460050-bootable-iso-create-installation-...
    and extract them.

So I don't know what to do since I haven't been getting any more help from the Lenovo forums.
    I hope somebody here can explain and/or help.

Thank you in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1182440