1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lens cleaning help

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by leec0507, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leec0507

leec0507 Thread Starter

Hello, I just need some info on cleaning a digital camera lens. I own an HP Photosmart 733 with a Pentax brand glass lens and while taking some close up shots of my 8 month old daughter I got too close and she accidently touched the lens with her finger. I don't own a lens cleaning kit as of yet, so I took a Q-tip and gently touched the lens up a bit, but I can still see a smudge. I did'nt want to press the Q-tip that hard in case of scratching the lens, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any household items "such as alcohol", that can clean a lens better until I have the chance to get a kit.

2. slipe

slipe

I would use a mild solution of dishwashing liquid. Chemicals might cause problems with the lens coating. Maybe your HP manual has a suggestion.

3. leec0507

leec0507 Thread Starter

Thanks for the help slipe. The manual does'nt cover any cleaning tips and I can't seem to find anything on google except lens cleaning with a camera cleaning kit ie; brush, can of air etc. But anyhow thanks for the help and I will try that. Hopefully it won't hurt it.

4. slipe

slipe

Dishwashing liquid is the mildest cleaner I know of. Kodak Photoflow for getting drops off developed film was just a mild detergent solution. You want to dry it off with something soft before it dries. I use Kleenex Viva towels for that sort of thing and have never had problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/194926