Let's club some seals in Canada!!!!!

Lurker1

Thread Starter
Joined
Jan 30, 2001
Messages
3,992
Canada's Ministry of Fisheries and Oceans has announced a new three-year seal-hunt quota that allows fishermen to kill 975,000 harp seals over the next three years.
"The increase comes despite evidence that the quota of 275,000 seals was unsustainable,"

http://www.hsus.org/ace/15954
 

Izme

Stephen
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
33,946
Lurker1 said:
Canada's Ministry of Fisheries and Oceans has announced a new three-year seal-hunt quota that allows fishermen to kill 975,000 harp seals over the next three years.
"The increase comes despite evidence that the quota of 275,000 seals was unsustainable,"

http://www.hsus.org/ace/15954

:mad: :mad: No Comment


><"> (n)
 
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
32,916
Here we go!!! ................ they post a picture of a cute little seal and everyone goes crazy.......... there is a purpose to the seal hunt ya know. I dont see a thread on ........."lets not kill all the cute deer" ....
 

Izme

Stephen
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
33,946
moonmist said:
Here we go!!! ................ they post a picture of a cute little seal and everyone goes crazy.......... there is a purpose to the seal hunt ya know. I dont see a thread on ........."lets not kill all the cute deer" ....
Seems like the kanucks have a clubbing habit
let me tell ya, I have been clubbed several times :eek: :D

What really upsets me is to see Americans clubbing Carp fish in the river :eek: :D
 

Stoner

Banned
Joined
Oct 26, 2002
Messages
44,931
Club..schlub.......
I like shooting fishies in a barrel :eek:


disclaimer: (j/k)
 

700mb80min

Banned
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
2,025
Seals have played a huge part in the collapse of the cod fishery in Eastern Canada . They are known to take one bite out of a fish and go for another and another . Now multiply this by 5 million . I scuba dive and quite often fish offshore where not seeing a seal pack is rare . On a bright note , local fishermen carry rifles in their boats and "pop one off " every chance they get which is a better method of killing.
 

Izme

Stephen
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
33,946
Stoner said:
Club..schlub.......
I like shooting fishies in a barrel :eek:


disclaimer: (j/k)
Barrel?
Better be a Barrel of jack daniels :mad:

Don't make me get out of the water, stoner :D



><">
 

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
26,907
Cloe: have you seen the "Heritage Moment" on TV, the one where John Cabot goes back to the King of England and claims they don't have to depend on Cod from Iceland because there's enough fish in the Grand Banks forever?

That "unlimited supply" lasted 500 years.

The lobster stock in the Northumberland Strait is disappearing.

Sealers claim that the disappearance of the Cod was due to seal overpopulation. Of course their opinion was biased, as is the claim that the government horribly mismanaged Canadian territorial waters.

These points are all debateable and I predict that this thread will end up in civilized Debate.
 

Stoner

Banned
Joined
Oct 26, 2002
Messages
44,931
Hey fish :D

Are you a pickled fish??? Ha ha ah ha.......LOL.... :D
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Top