1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lets work together to figure out why my PC is Freaking out BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Shadowx089, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowx089

Shadowx089 Thread Starter

OKay so I am using XP and tried Win 7 on trial. I started to get a BSOD when I was using win7 Randomly. I was worried it was the harddrive.

Time went on everything seemed fine.

But then it started again, BSOD. Just randomly. Somtimes doing things sometimes doing nothing.

The BSOD never gives out a report. It stone cold freezes.

So I reformated my pc back to XP. But the problem continued. SO I know it wasn't win7

So I had a brand New Backup hardrive I installed thinking it was my HDD and still the problem continues.

Certain times when the crashes happen, I am forced to put in a CD to fix windows.

I was thinking it has to be RAM or Motherboard.

So i'm testing Ram with Memtest86 I'm gonna let it go maybe 3 passes.

But can anyone think of anything else of what it could be? An how to test?

I dont know how to test the Motherboard.

I know my motherboard is at least 6 to 8 years old.
    *--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some details I forgot:
    The Error is a BSOD.
    Somtimes after Crash I need the windows CD to fix the Boot
    There was one time it crashed and the pc would boot, start loading windows and auto restart continuously.
    *--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well Memtest86 ran 3 times and passed every time.

I'm baffled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061491

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice