Letters erased while typing in an e-mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hjbdmesq

An attachment below will best explain what i am asking your help for.
Very often[not always] while i am typing a letter in the text of g-mail [i don't know about firefox etc] and i want to add a forgotten letter or so in the text, the next [already typed letter is wiped out and all sequent ones and i have then to type the whole rest of the sentence again.
Any clue how to repair this "evil"?
This does not happen in a word file [wordpad ,WPS writer etc] so it can't be a problem with the keyboard.
Thanks for your help

Attachments

etaf

Wayne
The curser looks like an overstrike (insert/delete) key
When you type it replaces the character the cursor is over

try clicking on the insert/delete - if a laptop using the FN key
the cursor will change from a block to a line

hjbdmesq

Thanks for an answer.
I am not sure what you mean,but i will try to click on the delete key while typing if this happens [does not happen all the time but very often AND NEVER in a word document.
Does this make sense?
will let you know.

etaf

Wayne
there are two different settings
1 = insert
2 = delete

if you are in the insert setting
when you type , any text is overwritten and not moved to the right
there i a key on the keyboard called
Delete/Insert and that toggles between the two modes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online