Lexar Basic 4GB USB Flash Drive Driver?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

noatakzak

I bought a 4GB Lexar Basic Flash Device and it was working out of the box. Later when I needed to use it Windows XP SP2 didn't recognize it. It is listed as an unknown device in the device manager. I've been through the troubleshooter that came with XP multiple times and they are unable to help. I e-mailed the support group about 2 weeks ago at Lexar and it was ignored. Windows is telling me to install a driver for the device. I've NEVER heard of a driver for a plug-and-play flash drive before, especially when I had it working before. Any help is greatly thanked!

fairnooks

Banned
You might try deleting the USB drivers and rebooting to reinstall the USB drivers. If the drive doesn't recognize in other machines though then the drive may have failed in some way. Either way, Windows seems to be telling you it sees something there but doesn't have a clue as to what it is, so it asks for a driver. So the drive is either not sending out the right info or the mass storage device drivers are corrupt. Maybe something else but those are the two most likely candidates I think.

noatakzak

Thanks for the help but I've tried to reinstall the driver and Windows still doesn't recognize it. I might just have to get a new drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online