Lexar Jump Drive Install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lehmo7

I'm trying to utilize a Lexar JumpDrive Mem. Stick and my pc will not recognize the device. I went to Lexar's site and downloaded the necessary driver. However, I think the usb ports may not be functioning properly. I tried the same memory device on another pc and it worked fine. Please help me get this thing installed. Thanks in advance!!!!

This is a common problem, usually solved by uninstalling/reinstalling the USB controllers in Device manager. Right click My Computer, click properties, then click the Hardware or Device manager tab/button, depending on your O/S....if you clicked the hardware button, then click Device Manager. In the new window, scroll down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers, click the + to open, then right click each entry and uninstall them. Once done, right click any entry and click Scan for Hardware Changes, and let windows install them all (you might have to do that a couple times to get them all back).

Scorp.

lehmo7

At the moment, my USB ports are not capturing anything.

When I goto ADD NEW Hardware, the item is listed, but there is an error message next to it. It will go through the installation, but nothing happens.

WINDOWS 98SE.

lehmo7

There is not a Universal Bus Option listed in the Device Manager.

make sure in your bios that the USB is not disabled. That could be the number one problem. second, goto you Motherbard manufactuer website and get the latest drivers. third, if all else fails, take a sledge hammer place it by your computer and talking tough to it, that usually works. (n)

lehmo7 said:
How do I access the bios?
depending on if you have a DELL or IBM or Compaq/HP, the large companies or if you have a local computer store one. When you start up your computer it should say press del or F8 i beleive, but when ur in dos still it should say, Press (key) to enter the setup or Press (key) to enter the bios.

lehmo7

Can you access this through safe mode? I tried f8 and it wouldn't work.

I have a Compaq.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online