Lexmark CS510de Printer USB Error message

Fleetmapping

Lexmark CS510de Printer USB Error message.

My networked Lexmark printer was working correctly until I plugged in a USB drive. I then received an error message "Error Message USB. Remove USB". I removed the drive but the message persisted and a red warning light continued to flash. I have turned the printer on and off and tried alternative USB drives but the message and flashing red light remains. Consequently I am unable to use the printer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Couriant

James
I assume you mean you put a USB drive in the Printer? Do you see any other error codes? Are you able to connnect to the web GUI of the printer?

When you turned off the printer, did you let it shut down completely? Some machines have a *cool down* period where you will need to let it shut down completely

Fleetmapping

I assume you mean you put a USB drive in the Printer? Do you see any other error codes? Are you able to connnect to the web GUI of the printer?

When you turned off the printer, did you let it shut down completely? Some machines have a *cool down* period where you will need to let it shut down completely
Hi James

Yes, the USB Drive plugs into the printer to enable printing directly from it. I have never used the function before, always using the printer via the network.

I have unplugged the printer from both the network and the power supply, leaving it unplugged for more than 24 hours, but each time I turn it on it goes through the start up process before failing with the error message on the computer's GUI. "Error using USB. Remove USB". There is no code. The GUI is touchscreen but the only option that is offered is to view Supplies, which are all in good shape. Pressing on the error message has no effect.

My laptop discovers the printer but is unable to connect to it from my laptop or via the web, I assume because it is in an error state?

Andrew

Fleetmapping

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately that didn't work. Since I have this problem irrespective of which computer I use it seems to me that it must be an issue with the printer rather than a particular installation of a driver or Windows. I don't think it is a network issue either as the issue persists even if I connect the printer directly to a computer via a USB cable.

Fleetmapping

I think you are left with no option but to factory rest the printer.
Go here and scroll down to Lexmark https://smartprintsupplies.com/blogs/news/troubleshooting-your-printer-in-error-state
*******This will cause you to loose all settings *********
Or this one first Restoring factory default settings | Lexmark CS510
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately this didn't work either. After the full factory reset and set up again, the problem persisted. I then tried changing the configuration from USB 1 to USB 2 in the configuration memu, but that didn't solve the problem either.

Couriant

James
It does sound like it thinks the usb is still connected. I assume you have checked the port to make sure there is nothing in there that could be causing a short? Or any physical damage?

I agree with PeterOz,you should be able to contact Lexmark to see if they can confirm if it is a board /port issue and if they have someone in your area that could replace it.

I used to work for a printer/copier sales/service and those printers can be a lot to get to 1 part. The question would be wold the cost justify getting it repaired or to get a new one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online