1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lexmark printer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trnwsk, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trnwsk

trnwsk Thread Starter

I hope this is the right place to post this. I don't know a lot about computers or printers. but here goes. I have a new Dell computer (Windows Vista) and recently bought a new Lexmark 2500 Series printer, because my old Lexmark was not compatible. I used to refill my ink cartridges all of the time, with no problems and did the same thing with this new printer, expecting no problems. I was wrong. When I put it back into my printer, the printer would not recognize it and I was forced to purchase a new cartridge, which I resent. Is there a way to use refilled cartridges? Does anyone have very specific instructions on how to override the ink level gauge? My user manual was no help at all and I am not savvy enough to fIgure it out myself. Does this cartridge (Lexmark 28) have a sensor chip that prevents reuse? Please somebody help me, because ink cartridges are just too expensive. Any help is greatly appreciated. Trnwsk

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Welcome to TSG trnwsk! :) I've requested your thread be moved to the appropriate forum! :)

3. CDobyns

CDobyns

To the best of my knowledge, the Lexmark ink cartridges do not have a built-in mechanism that prevents them from working if they are refilled. I can't say that I know and/or understand how the fill level sensor works, although I'm sure we're over-characterizing the aspect of a "fill level sensor".

I do know that when you refill a cartridge the control system will ask you whether you have installed an Old or New cartridge, and if you indicate New, it will essentially "reset" the cartridge fill level indicator. Beyond that, I can't account for why the cartridge would not be recognized after reinstallation.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592311

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice