1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lexmark s505 With Win 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by markmoust, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markmoust

markmoust Thread Starter

i have installed windows 8 pro and it says i need software for my lexmark intuition s505 but on lexmar's website they say to use windows 8's provided driver, but there isn't one, what do i do?

2. geodripp

geodripp

You could try using the provided windows seven driver but before you do so it would be wise to ensure you have a restore point in system protection just to be safe.

With windows 8, using the metro interface you will need to use the search bar; select settings and type "restore". Now look for "create a restore point".

http://support.lexmark.com/index?pr...505&page=product&locale=EN&userlocale=EN_US#1

Do you know whether or not you have 32-bit or 64-bit windows? If not follow the same search procedure but in place of searching for "create a restore point" instead look for "System".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice