1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lexmark X125 all in one printers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NJMary, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJMary

NJMary Thread Starter

I'm just recently started having probs with my Lexmark printer. I'm running XP home edition & never had probs runnin gthe printer before I moved & tried to set it up. I do share the internet connection with a second computer. We're hooked up with a router. The 2nd computer is an HP & it's printer is working fine. I have an Athelon & am trying to hook up this Lexmark X125. Here's what I'm encountering.
    Got the computer to fianally recognize the printer...(that was the first thing.. I couldn't reinstall it after I uninstalled) but, now the printer just won't turn on. It's there in my programs, I checked Add/Remove progrmas, & it's there, & I can get to all the settings, but when I put the paper in & click on "PRINT" the window pops up saying.."PRINTING page 1 of 1.. & nothing is happening. Also, at times I see a message..."ERROR .The printer itself lies here dead. I went to try& hit other buttons, like the scan, or copy... dead. In the window on the printer it says "READY the date and ASWER/FAX (whatever that means.) No matter what function I try to use, that's what I see in that window, but no noise from the Lexmark. At one point, when I just turned off the power to everything & let everything computer & all, restart, I heard a slight noise from the printer & the buttons on the Lexmark started to work, I hit the "COPY button & put something in there to copy, it started to feed in, & then just stopped.... dead. I had to pull the paper out. I tinkered with the settings & the port settings, but still.. I can't seem to get it to make a sound as if it were hooked up.
    Anyone??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273408

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice