lexplore and OLEAUT32.DLL Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KevinDunk

I have a Compaq Presario Pentium II 450 computer running Windoes Me. My problem is when I go to open Internet Explorer 6 and error comes up saying.."lexplore has caused an erroe in OLEAUT32.DLL. lexplore will now close." Any reason why this is happening and what I could do to fix it? Thanx!!!!

This is for win98 - it's the same for ME except that the "extract button is in msconfig

Go to Start/run - type msconfig - click the extract button

Choose 'Extract One File From Installation Disk'.
Type oleaut32.dll, not worrying about its location. Then, click Start.

Next to 'Restore From', type in or browse for the file’s location, which is probably in the Win98 folder of your installation CD-ROM (typically D:\Win98), or in your Windows\Options\Cabs folder, as the case may be.

Then, next to 'Save File In', enter C:\Windows\System, and click OK. System File Checker looks for the file, saves it as you requested, and then tells you that 'the file has been successfully extracted'.

Reboot, and tell us whether that solves your problem.

KevinDunk

I tried to do that but whn I type it C:Windows\System a box comes up saying..."the specified file is protected and may not be copied over or deleted."

Make sure you shut down everything except explorer and systray by using Ctrl-Alt-Del and then try again.

Make sure you type it in correctly - in the post above you missed out a /

You had C:Windows instead of C:\Windows

post back with your results

steam

KevinDunk

Yes I did all that and typed everything correctly and it still says the file is protected and can not be copied or deleted. Any other ideas?

Thanx for your help!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online