Lg blue ray player only has HDMI outputs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wwjones2794

I have an LG blue-ray player that only has an HDMI output. Only problem is I have a Philips tv that I use as a monitor sometimes, but the HDMI receptical isn't working. And I have a visio 50" tv with 4 HDMI recepticals, none of which work. I would like to either make a cable that has HDMI on one end and RGB connecter on the other. Or....
Instructions on how to repair the broken HDMI recepticals on my TV's.

cwwozniak

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Chuck
Unless your LG Blu-ray player has a built-in function to reconfigure the digital outputs on the HDMI connector to output analog R-G-B video (it probably doesn't), none of the cables in 2twenty2's post will work for you.

You would need an HDMI to R-G-B converter box with active electronics in it to decode and convert the digital HDMI signals to analog video. An in expesnive one may not give satisfactory results and an expensive one could cost more than a new monitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online