1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lg blue ray player only has HDMI outputs

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by wwjones2794, Sep 2, 2018.

1. wwjones2794

wwjones2794 Thread Starter

I have an LG blue-ray player that only has an HDMI output. Only problem is I have a Philips tv that I use as a monitor sometimes, but the HDMI receptical isn't working. And I have a visio 50" tv with 4 HDMI recepticals, none of which work. I would like to either make a cable that has HDMI on one end and RGB connecter on the other. Or....
    Instructions on how to repair the broken HDMI recepticals on my TV's.

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Chuck
    Unless your LG Blu-ray player has a built-in function to reconfigure the digital outputs on the HDMI connector to output analog R-G-B video (it probably doesn't), none of the cables in 2twenty2's post will work for you.

You would need an HDMI to R-G-B converter box with active electronics in it to decode and convert the digital HDMI signals to analog video. An in expesnive one may not give satisfactory results and an expensive one could cost more than a new monitor.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice