1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LG LCD monitor message "OUT OF RANGE" after computer repair. HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mrsmash99, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrsmash99

mrsmash99 Thread Starter

i just sent my computer in to get a new power source installed and upon return of my computer i hooked it up to a different monitor than the one i normally use and everything was working fine. i bring the computer back up to my school and plug it into my relatively new flat screen LCD monitor and when it starts up, it goes through all of the booting screens, but when windows loads up the screen just goes black with a small blue message box in the middle that reads "ANALOG OUT OF REACH 75.3 kHz / 60 Hz." i have no idea why it says that but i dont know how to go about changing whatever it is that's wrong with it. can someone please help me out here?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Try going into Safe Mode (press and release F8 continually as soon as you power up the PC, press Enter at the menu to select the top choice) and then go to Control Panel > Display > Settings tab and move the resolution slider as far left as you can.

Do you get a display now if you boot up normally ?

3. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

Just had this problem myself. When you hooked the computer up to another monitor, did you change the screen resolution?

4. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

Managed,
    Sorry I sat in here too long and missed your solution, didn't mean to cut in. But at least we agree.

5. mrsmash99

mrsmash99 Thread Starter

yeah i changed it to 1200 x 1600 on the other monitor, but i would assume that this monitor would have that same resolution as an option... i tried booting in safe mode but i'm still gettin the same message.. anything else i could do?

6. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

Connect it to the same monitor you changed the resolution on or... let me find an easy way to open display properties in the dark and I'll get back to you.

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    No problem Dr. C.

Did you still get a black screen in Safe Mode ?

8. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

Never tried. I used the mouse in the dark and clicked my way to display properties. Yeah I guess I spend too much time with my computer.

9. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

Is your Control Panel in classic view or the new XP look?

10. mrsmash99

mrsmash99 Thread Starter

i'm afraid i might accidentally end up doin somethin else clickin around without seeing anything... i'm assuming there's no way to change it by using a prompt of any type huh?

11. mrsmash99

mrsmash99 Thread Starter

i'm not quite sure which one it's in, but i know it's different than before i got my computer fixed.. cuz right clicking on the desktop and going to properties only displayed a tab to change the background and not to change the resolution and screen saver and all that other crap

12. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

If your Control panel is in classic view, this series of keys will get you to display properties and restore the resolution to 800x600:

Windows Key
    C
    ENTER
    Right Arrow five times
    ENTER
    TAB six times
    Right Arrow four times
    TAB three times
    Left Arrow as many times as you want
    ENTER

If your Control Panel is in Category view, it will open some random icon on the desktop.

13. mrsmash99

mrsmash99 Thread Starter

what i dont understand is why safe mode wont work.. isnt that usually set on a small resolution anyway? i mean i know the easiest thing would be to just plug it back into the other monitor i used, but i just drove 80 miles to school.. it would really be an inconvience to go all the way back home just for that reason.

14. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

If you can get back to that other monitor, that's the way I'd go.

15. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

Yeah it does. Do you see anything on this monitor when you boot up? BIOS splash etc

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!