1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LG N2B1 NAS- Playing Movies using blu-ray drive.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by chrisb009, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisb009

chrisb009 Thread Starter

Hi, i have just bought an LG N2B1 with an integrated blu-ray writer. I wanted to use the blu ray drive to play blu-ray films on computers connected to the NAS. I can see the blu-ray drive as a network disc drive, and open the folders on the blu-ray film to see the contents fine. But when i come to play it power dvd 8 says not compatible with format. I have looked at LG's support page and they say the drive can be used to play video from the drive on the network, but not encryted video like a movie disc. I was wondering if there would be a way for me to play encryted video blu-rays (ie shop films) from the network blu-ray drive on all my computers. I only want to use the drive to play Blu-ray's on all my computers from the one drive. I think the computer software is struggling to play the file from the network drive, because i am having to search for the folder by going through computer explorer, through the NAS shortcut and its to much for the software to handle. Would it work if i mapped the NAS Blu-ray drive on the computer, so it shows as a disk drive for that computer, and if so how would i do this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/907459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice