LG TV keeps restarting

DBR70

3 times in a row. Everytim i click on a video the app reboots saying…(im trying to remember from memory because the message wont stay on long enough for me to snap a pic of it) ”this app will restart to clear memory” i could NOT play a video.. in fact i think it was 4 times i tried.. I finally had to turn the TV off and then on again… its working now i think im pausing now because im writing this post. i know i posted this problem before but I can’t find the post. Is the TV just getting old. it was bought Jan 2015.. dont these TVs last longer?

27BFE4A1-D658-4A0B-96E7-B2B871C183C8.jpeg The worst news i can possibly get is the TV is getting old and we have to buy a new one 😩😩😩 PLEASE cant this wait until we move?? I just want to move back to the US… NOW! Before we have to buy anything else…😩😩😩

Is the app one that built into the TV? If so maybe the app is the problem not the TV.

Old? The Samsung 55" TV I bought in 2012 still works great.

DBR70

This morning I turned the TV on and Netflix had trouble starting i got an error message saying..(AGAIN from my poor memory☹) restart my connection or something, can’t remember now…UUUGH! I turned the TV off few seconds then back on just like i did with Youtube last night and it’s working now… it just seems the TV is screwing up in more ways now…☹

The apps on my TV haven't been updated in five years and some of the remaining ones were removed by Samsung. Five years ago I bought a Samsung Blu-ray player. It has its own apps that are newer so I started using them.

The only real problem I have now with the apps on my TV or Blu-ray player is that sometime the Internet connection is lost. To fix that I have to go into the settings and reestablish the connection to my router.

Three years ago I updated my TV cable to Xfinity X1. The X1 DVR has its own built-in apps so I am using them now. There are far more apps there than I will ever see on a TV. These apps are constantly being updated.

Oddba11

Jim
Switch to a standalone device such as a Roku. They have better support and more frequent app updates. While they do have better support, keep in mind that these continue to evolve as well. No "smart" device is a lifetime purchase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online