1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LG UX300 Will Not Charge Using PC USB Port

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by Iguana56, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iguana56

Iguana56 Thread Starter

Good Day,

I have a friend that has an LG UX300 cell phone. He is a very avid bicycle rider and is getting ready to leave on a trip. His problem is that he has an LG UX300 phone that will not charge through the usb port on a pc. This would pose no problem at most places but he will be camping out at all times. He has bought a solar charger for phones that has a usb hookup. He has bought a usb cable to hook up to his phone. At work he hooked up his phone to his pc that is running Vista using his new cable. The computer did see the phone but there is no indication of the phone charging. I hooked up my phone (Moto) and it works just fine. Does anyone have any information about problem with this type phone charging through a standard usb port? Thanks in advance for any help. If you need any more info please feel free to ask.

Eddie

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Might check the cable he is using and make sure it is a charging
    cable and not just a data sync cable.

3. Iguana56

Iguana56 Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. Well his cable will work both ways on my phone but there may be a difference with the way LG uses the usb port and also this is not an LG cable. It's an after market brand.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913786

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice