1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

libel on the web - what can I publish?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Forward, Jul 6, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. Forward

Forward Thread Starter

Hi gang

Thanks for your kind words & support in another thread (Therapy didn't work ...)

Even though the following question came out of the events of that thread, I didn't want to muddy up the two

A few awful people have been writing letters to close relationships of mine stating very nasty and untrue things about me. I am so tired of it.

Can I post copies of these letters on the web without getting into libel trouble?
    They were not snail mailed to me but to, for instance, my sister who sent me copies.

I figured, if I can't get into any trouble with it, that if I start posting them, their dirty little secrets will be public and maybe they will stop it.

thoughts?

2. smeegle

smeegle

3. Forward

Forward Thread Starter

I did read that first :) and was a bit more confused
    the more I googled, the more confused I became on this :(

4. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

Here you go: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=legal+advice+forums Those are links to forums that you should be able to ask the same question in. They'd probably have more info on it. We had two lawyers in this forum but they both left.

Personally, I'd do it. And I'd set up a family homepage on the internet and run an advertisement in the local newspaper (or, better yet, get a reporter from the local paper to print a story on it) pointing people to a website which lists the continueing abuse that's taking place.

5. Forward

Forward Thread Starter

Thanks BanditFlyer!
    just when you think you've mastered the google ... it's all about key words eh

again, thanks
    most helpful

& I agree with you. After talking to the police today (they are actually happy with the unsolicited padding of our case), I felt so much better, and once my civil case is over I am going to shout this from the web rooftops, not only to bring the truth about me & my sisters to light, but hopefully info and hope to others who have suffered at the hands of their parents.

I have collected so many written words of late (hail email and no takebacks!), I may have to enlist a professional author to put it all together for me.

This has been a very difficult excercise, but I am proud of me & one day will share it all.

Thanks

Beth

6. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

Good Luck, Beth! (y)

One thing I learned after TSG was that forums are a great short-cut to doing all the research yourself. Sometimes it's just a matter of people being able to point out the relevant pages of the manual, but legal issues are often so complex that it's probably best to get advice from someone already familiar with the law, unlike technology where you can look the whole thing up yourself, but forums still make it easier.

7. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Beth: Were you ever here under another member name...your story sounds familiar!

8. Forward

Forward Thread Starter

Nope. I have been around here for a couplafew years but usually poking around for tech support. I don't think I have posted about this before but I am not sure.

Angel Marlene I am sad and not surprised that my story is familiar. With this closure exerxcise I have been on the web looking for support talking to the world and sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad there are thousands and thousands of us out here. The statistics are overwhelming. Even reading your question made me blanch cos you never get used to it knowing there is one more. The reality is not real to anyone normal. Men and women r pouring out there souls in surviivor forums I am sure praying that just one person would hear and beleive. There are way too many of us and it seems no way to help. An ear is just not enough. It is hard to read any of the stories cos like me are helpless, desperate confused and not one I read had closure. I had no hope when I started researching what I could do to. I learned that here in Canada I was one of a small handful of historic cases that is ever taken on for investigation and I belong to an even smaller group who, would have, been successful in conviction says the Crown Attorney. I was lucky that I had evidence and witnesses. No way nice to say this but I was lucky that I wasn't the only one that my monster parents abused.

Pray for us

If there is anyone in this forum that I could lend my ear or my shoulder on this you can pm or email me. I understand and you are not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't make you promises but I can let you know what I know of the system and maybe help you with some techniques I have learned. Know that you are beloved without question and are not alone. Even if you can't nail the b*st*rds there maybe thoughts and perspectives that can help get this off of your back. I heard this on Oprah. Holding it in is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to die. I will listen and I won't leave you hanging.

Love Beth

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592448

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice