1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

libraries gone with windows8 HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by snawazel2258, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snawazel2258

snawazel2258 Thread Starter

i downloaded windows 8 and all was well. after about 3 weeks, i cant access any of my documents, photos, videos or music. the files that they would otherwise go under will not work. so pretty much i cant do anything with my files i get the error message:

documents.library.ms is no longer working. this libary can safely be deleted from the computer. forders that have been included will not be affected.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

The actual documents, pictures, music and videos or whatever other Library contents you create are not actually stored there.

They are stored in C Drive (if that is what yours is lettered) Users - your name presumably, or whichever account stored the doc etc and then My Documents, My Music, My Pictures etc.
    If you open computer and right click on Libraries, on the left pane, presuming that entry is still there, you will see restore default Libraries or New which is what I refer to when I say you can add any library

If the files for your docs, music etc are not on the Users, then indeed they have gone and the only way they are coming back is POSSIBLY via a restore point.

Returning to the restore default libraries
    Libraries: Every folder’s Navigation Pane lists your libraries — collections of your files and folders. But if one of your libraries is missing (say, the Music library), you can put it back. Right-click the word Libraries along the right side of any folder and choose Restore Default Libraries. Your default libraries — Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos — all reappear.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

snawazel2258

It is now some three weeks since you asked for advice
    I wondered if you made any progress
    A response would be greatly appreciated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice