1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Library - Creating a New Article

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by fraganegra, Jan 16, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. fraganegra

fraganegra Thread Starter

Hello everyone. I´m new here and without making any promises it seems like a forum where i´d be wanting to stay.

I have a question regarding the library. I see that I am able to find the existing articles and edit them information which I also obtained when searching for what I am currently posting but how about creating a new article.

i read over the information on http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Starting_a_new_page
    and tried one of the options such as creating a new article from a search but i found nowhere to create a new article

I have a feeling that im not supposed to have the permissions to create a new article am i right?

perhaps its just me tired from a days work... can someone point me in the right direction?

2. Gizzy

Gizzy

Hi fraganegra,
    Welcome to Tech Support Guy. :)

Yes, You need 25 posts before you are able to edit and create pages in the Library.

Once you have 25 posts, To create a new page...
    1. While logged into the Library, Type a page title into the search box
    2. Click the Go button
    3. If there isn't already a page with that title there will be a link to create this page. (see attached screenshot)
    4. Clicking it will present you with an edit box for a page with that title.
    5. When you're finished adding content to the page click the Save page button at the bottom to create it.

Attached Files:

3. fraganegra

fraganegra Thread Starter

Thank you for the help!

4. Gizzy

Gizzy

You're welcome. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice