1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

life after xp

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by butterfly228, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. butterfly228

butterfly228 Thread Starter

I recently removed xp from my pc and installed vista. Is this it? is this the craze? This os stinks , and is extremely slow . I think I made a big mistake? Does anyone think or know of a reason why it is dragging or is it like that?:(

2. mcnugget

mcnugget

Could it be the spec of your PC? Vista has a min reccomended spec to run "smoothly" usually 1GB RAM for starters, And depending on the features ur running in vista a decent grfx card wouldnt go a miss.

What is the spec of your PC?

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Did someone just say Vista is lipstick on a p-i-g?

You could go to the Performance Information and Tools section in Vista and see what subscore each major component received. If there's one with a much lower score than the rest, upgrading there may help, if most or all are low (score 3 or less) then the system is probably underpowered for Vista. No matter what it will always be slower than XP on the same exact system though.

4. Antiapplekid

Antiapplekid

Vista is a good os you just need a computer that can run it

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice