Light switch issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Newbiehome

Recently bought a home and I have never dealt with electrical issues before. We have one switch that lights up 5 different bulbs. Suddenly, this evening onwards, when I switch on, only one of the bulbs comes on. Seems very unlikely that 4 have gone bad at the same time. I tried googling but couldn't n find anything that addresses this issue where the switch seems to be working since one bulb does come on. Any guidance you can provide would be great. Thanks!

That one light could have several wires leading in to power the separate bulbs. Thus, you could have blown a fuse. Most modern houses have a 'fuse' panel that you simply flick a switch to 're-connect' the fuse.

Drabdr

Brad
Hello newbiehome! Welcome.

Forgive me... but I'm trying to figure out exactly what your setup is. It is five lights attached to a fan? Five lights on a tracklight? Five separate lights?

Maybe could you attach a picture of the lights?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online