Lighten up games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DannyBoySr63

Some of my games have no gamma setting and like Doom3 is so distorted looking when it is dark, my LCD monitor is a MAG Innovision and it has only some basic settings but nothing for the gamma. I have the NVIDIA Gforce FX 5700 VE AGP 8X, with 256 mb ram. This card is not dummy ready, and is quite complicated for me, there are way to many avenues I just dont know how to configure them. And the help file for this card is for someone with a little more IT training then me. (I have none) Can someone help me to lighten up my games, without changing my desktop. That would be awesome if it was a simple 123 fix, but I know I may be asking to much.
Thanks in advance,

First off, Doom 3 is a dark game; if you would make it brighter, that would completely ruin the game.

When you say distorted, what do you mean? Are the graphics bad, or is the game just dark (the way it was meant to be)?

DannyBoySr63

Well what I mean is that the real dark colors like lets say in one scene the botom 1/4 of the video is a real dark section and the figure happens to be whearing dark shoes, well the shoes and everything else that is a dark color in the dark scene is totaly blotted out. I'm not sure how to really explain it other than to say it is just a blob of distorted color, it's as if the dark colors have all washed together and looks terrable, but when I play it on play station at my sisters house it is a nice video even though it is dark as you say it should be.
So I think it boils down to this crappy monitor I bought, it is not only like this in the video games, but it is the same if I put a dvd movie in to watch, and this was like this before I installed the graphics card. But when I was using my old monitor it was a great picture for the movie that is but I did not play games then. I wanted to have a nice flat screen LCD and I am sorry I bought this one, because I believe that is my trouble. I thought maybe by lightening up the gamma a bit maybe would make it look better, or if anything at least let me make out what the heck the picture is. I guess I did not know what I was looking for in a monitor, I am pretty knew to the computer world, and now because of my curent disability I have time to learn about all this computer stuff, and I got hooked on the video games, they are so much fun, but not such fun when the picture quality is this poor.
Hey, I guess I should chalk it up to trial and error.
I guess if gamma setting will ruin the game then it's time to shop for the right monitor, maybe.
Any way, I appreciate your response, if you have any sugestions I am all ears,

:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online