Lightning hit my Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

John Mann

My HP Pavillion 8496 died after the lighting strike on my phone line. The cable moden was also wiped out, but it has been replaced. The monitor lived thru it .
How can I determine what has been destroyed and what can be salvaged in the box. My skills inside a pc are not great but I have been in there.
Your help is requested.
JFM

John Mann

/\/\r.Abdul said:
well do u have another computer to test parts in?
Yes I have another computer. It is Compaq Presiro 061 vs the damaged HP Pavilion 8564c. Both run WinXP Home. Memory speed and size differ.
Thanks for your quick response.
JFM

u should individually take out the parts and test them in the other comuter to find out whats rong.

First, are any fans turning? If the fans are not turning, I would replace the power supplyand go from there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts