1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lightning Storm No Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Akdeans, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Akdeans

Akdeans Thread Starter

We had a lightning storm last night we never lost power or anything but all of sudden my internet stopped working. So i reset the modem and router. The router came back uo fine but the modem is suppose to come back solid 3 lights but instead only the power light stays steady and then the us/ds blinks. No other lights are on . The modem is a arris tm 1602. My computer and phone show full strength wifi connection but no internet connection and in my command screen when i do ipconfig it says no media connected to every source. What could this be?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Then the internet provider's systems may be down.
    Have you called them?

3. Akdeans

Akdeans Thread Starter

Yes, they said there is no outage in our area. And i tried a new router and new modem but still the same lights blinking on the modem.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Could the Internet provider see your modem?

Connect a computer to the modem, restart the computer, what do you get with that connection?
    You may also restart the modem.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    One thing about the no outage... there may have not been one because no-one else called in, but if the person was like me, I would have checked the area for modems offline.

That being said, If you don't have US/DS solid, then you have no connectivity on your coax. You can try powering down the modem by taking out the power and battery for about 5 minutes and try again. If that doesn't work, your provider needs to send a technician out to troubleshoot.

EDIT: I missed this: And i tried a new router and new modem but still the same lights blinking on the modem.

Then you have a bad line outside. Call the ISP to get someone out there.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!