1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lights out on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by outrageousg, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. outrageousg

outrageousg Thread Starter

We purchased a brand new battery for the computer.This computer is at least four years old.:)There is no light on the monitor for this lap top. What should I do or is there a solution for the No Lights? Thanking you in advance,
    outrageousg

2. timmy1986

timmy1986 Banned

check to make sure the battery is in right. It might also be a bad motherboard.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Have you plugged in and charged that new battery before you turned on that laptop?

----------------------------------------------------------------

4. outrageousg

The battery is the original one installed in the computer. My son has never purchased a new one for it. He just purchased a new battery charger. But lights on the monitor does not brighten to see the screen. He said that if he had a high powered flash light he can see the screen. The new Targus universal wall adapter for Laptops". This has not helped

5. outrageousg

Sorry, I think I just mixed apples and oranges. My son did not purchase a new battery, he purchased the universal wall adapter for laptops.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Click "Report" and then request to have your thread moved to the HARDWARE section. You'll probably get more and better help there.

I'm strictly a desktop user and not a laptop user. I've worked on several of them though and never had any of them with a "dark screen" problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/967658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice