LimeWire? (Not sure if it belongs in this section)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flaffl

I'm not sure whether or not if I should download LimeWire, because of all of the thing's I've heard of it. I don't know any good music downloader, much more where I might be able to get music. I heard that from my friend, LimeWire can only get viruses if you download the wrong program. My other friend says that you don't have to download anything, it extracts it out upon installation.

So I need you guys to help me out on this descision.

kidcnote

Banned
flaffl said:
I'm not sure whether or not if I should download LimeWire, because of all of the thing's I've heard of it. I don't know any good music downloader, much more where I might be able to get music. ISo I need you guys to help me out on this descision.
I suspect that Mr. Will will be having a talk with you shortly..:p

flaffl

what... :(

well I'll just stick to Real Player or iTunes or something... I REALLY hate paying for my music...

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
P2P programs are notorious for coming bundled with spyware.
I wouldn't take the plunge knowing I could get infected.
We also don't support P2P here as stated above.
Try walmart.com. Music is only 88 cents a song.
I think the choice is simple.

Limewire does not have any viruses/spyware included in it (anymore). There are plenty of viruses you can download through LimeWire though, and most types of files can potentially be infected.

P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit http://www.stealingisillegal.com/), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

http://www.helponthe.net/rules.html

Closing thread.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Whether Limewire has viruses or spyware or not, is not the reason we do not support P2P programs here, these programs are primarily used to steal copyrighted music.
Please visit: http://www.stealingisillegal.com/

As Cheeseball81 mentioned above walmart.com has songs for as little as .88 cents a song.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online