1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Limit bandwidth to devices?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lolcocks, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lolcocks

lolcocks Thread Starter

Hello, I am new there.
    I use a Linksys E1200 running DD-WRT in my office.

I am getting a new 100 MBPS internet plan but with 200 GB download limit for a month.

I want to set up a limit to the bandwidth to the devices in the network to around 1 MBPS. How do I achieve this?
    All devices are connected wirelessly except one PC.

Please help, I have looked everywhere on the internet but haven't found anything. :(

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Do you have other options for plans? At 100 Kbs 200 Gigabytes isn't very much. WE have a TB limit with ours.

3. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

If you're paying for a 100 Mbps, which is a fast connection, why would you want to limit devices to 1/100th of that speed? That's barely enough to stream video.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141295

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice