1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Limited connectivity on Vista

Discussion in 'Networking' started by HelloDoritos, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HelloDoritos

HelloDoritos Thread Starter

Hello, my room mate and me got into a fight and he disconnected the internet ( we have wireless). I know almost nothing about computers.

We have a modem which is connected to our router, Because the modem is in his room he can connect to the internet by attaching a cable from the router to his computer. But i can't connect through wireless ( tried using my iPhone and my other laptop).

When ever I try to browse it doesn't work and the internet connection says Limited connectivity. Could anyone please help?

I am currently in the public library and we only get 1 hour a day. I have a very important paper due 2 weeks from now. I can get into his room and on his computer no problem.

Can you please tell me how i can fix the limited conection issue?

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

Well,my guess,based on your description is that encryption has been set up on the router,which requires a password.If you don't know it,you will not get a wireless connection.
    Or
    MAC address filtering has been set up on the router,limiting your pc access.
    Or
    a router firewall has been setup to exclude your access.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    make up with you flat mate

You need the modem connected back to the router to get wireless access

He may have just connected the computer directly to the modem

4. warrior19

warrior19

Make up or confiscate the modem as a negotiation aid :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/891389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice