1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Limited Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Elide, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Elide

Elide Thread Starter

My pc suddenly has extremely slow internet speeds. I’m connected via Ethernet, and where it plugs into the motherboard there is a blinking amber light (which I think is normal) and now, just recently, has a solid red light. I’ve done a little bit of research and this supposably indicates that I have a limited internet connection, which might as well say ‘no internet connection’.
    I put my pc to sleep a night ago, and then accidentally turned the power off but I doubt that would have much to do with it. Any solutions to getting rid of this limited connection?

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

That little Ethernet light (LED) will be green when you are connected.

First step is to sut down the computer, router and modem. Power up the modem and wait for a couple of minutes for it to get connected to your ISP (internet service provider), now power on the router and wait another couple of minutes while it negotiates a solid connection to your modem, then power up your computer and wait for a couple of minutes to negotiate a solid connection to your router. Now check the little Ethernet LED and if everything is worling as it should be, it will be green.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    When you can, go to Command Prompt and type ipconfig/all and press enter. If you can post a screenshot/ all the information for your Ethernet Connection.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235093

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice