1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Limited or No connectivity and cant renew IP address

Discussion in 'Networking' started by aigene, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aigene

aigene Thread Starter

Hi everbody, yesterday i was playing an online game and suddenly i lost connection! I went to the modem and reset it, it is still the same i still cannot connect.

I tried Repairing and it was stuck on Renwing IP address and after the repairing it says " Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address." I've done the ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew, after 2 minutes the message says: "An error occured while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection 2 : unable to contact your DCHP server. Request has timed out."

Im using a Wireless Connection, netgear usb 2.0 adapter wireless G, Windows XP Service Pack 3. Modem: Speed Stream 3652.

Can anyone pls tell me how to fix this problem?

Reply As Soon As Possible..

THX.:confused:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

When you look at the modem, does it have a steady connect (data) light?

First off, let's try the easy fix.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

If that doesn't do it, try a wired connection to the computer and see if that works.

3. aigene

aigene Thread Starter

umm.. i typed netsh int ip reset.log it says: the following command was not found: int ip reset.log.

4. aigene

aigene Thread Starter

Umm i typed netsh int ip reset.log and says that the following command cannot be found: int ip reset.log

5. notatypicaltech

notatypicaltech

Have you Tried unplugging your Wireless from the Computer? I have a USB wireless adapter and sometimes that is all it needs. If that doesnt work, Restart the Computer.

6. JohnWill

You forgot part of the command, go back and read it again.

netsh int ip reset reset.log

7. JohnWill

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice