1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Limited or No Connectivity - Argh

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MarkusG, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MarkusG

MarkusG Thread Starter

I just reformatted windows XP pro and put all the drivers back on. I connect to my buddy's wireless signal who lives next door all the time with no issue. I picked it up last Thursday and had no problems. Now I can pick it up just fine but get the Limited or No connectivity deal every single time even with strong signal strength. My other computer has no problems with the signal. I don't know if this matters or not but even when i click to connect to a secured connection it will connect with limited or no conn. even though I dont have the password. I will paste the IPCONFIG/all below. Any help is appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. MarkusG

MarkusG Thread Starter

Bump. Does this help at all?

[​IMG]

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

If you have any wireless security enabled, make sure you have the correct key being used on the laptop.

Or as a test, temporarily turn off wireless security on the router and try and connect.

4. MarkusG

MarkusG Thread Starter

I don't think that is the issue. I connected to the wireless account last thursday and my other computer is connected to it right now. It is an unsecured wireless account and the limited connectivity has only just now become a problem on this one particular problem. Does anyone know of a guide or something that I can follow to try and reset my wireless card to original settings?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Better yet, get your own internet access, read the forum rules, and stop asking for help in accessing your "buddy's wireless signal who lives next door."

6. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Of course getting all this information from the beginning would have been helpful. There is no way otherwise to know what was done and what wasn't.

Is there any more information you can provide?

7. MarkusG

MarkusG Thread Starter

What other information would be helpful?

Terry:

I called him my "buddy" because we are friends from work and I pay give him some cash each month to use his signal. I connect this way because I am moving out soon and can't enter into a contract.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Taking you at your word that this is not a long term arrangement, I can think of two things.

Make sure that you don't have a 3rd party firewall (internet security) blocking everything (even getting an IP configuration).

Make sure you have the latest driver for the wireless adapter--if it is integrated get the driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

Ok, I can't count. Thirdly, double check in Device Manager to make sure you don't have any yellow warnings (missing drivers).

9. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Any other troubleshooting that has been done?
    Do you see the correct wireless connection?
    What changes have been made since it last worked?
    Any other networking related information?

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I assumed that the last time you successfully connected was before the Windows re-install. Is this correct?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice