1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Limited or no connectivity problem - Need Help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by guilleruiz4, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. guilleruiz4

guilleruiz4 Thread Starter

Hi, I need help because an error is appearing in my PC and the problem is showing for my internet Connexion. I'll explain a little bit what has happened to see if anyone knows the answer:

I have Win XP Pro SP2. I tried to install de Outpost Security Suite an error kept coming out so i went in to google and searched it. It said i had to unninstall or delete Microsoft Studio C++ 5 or something like this so thats what i did and my computer frooze.. I manually restarted it and the error began to come out.. i installed the software and until know i can't use internet... I unninstalled the Outpost to see if that was the problem but no luck at all. I erased winsock 1 and 2 from regedit and restarted my machine and nothing at all and i also reinstalled the windows and no luck at all..I have looked in several forums and have placed ip config and other stuff in cmd but get not luck on fixing it... does anyone have any idea on this??? CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE???

Note: My ADSL modem is connected via USB. I have also tried all the USB ports in my machine to see if that helps and no result.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I think you said that you reinstalled Windows. If so, did you install the correct chipset drivers--either from your Drivers CD or from the PC manufacturer's web site?

Are there any yellow warnings or errors in Device Manager?

3. guilleruiz4

guilleruiz4 Thread Starter

Hi.. im not getting andy yellow warnings in the hardware manager... it seems to be all ok.. but the onlything i haven't done is reinstall the drivers of my Motherboard...

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If the chipset (motherboard) drivers are all from the Windows CD that could be a problem.

Forgot to ask--USB modems require software; you installed that software, right?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice