1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

limited or no connectivity

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Stockie, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stockie

Stockie Thread Starter

I'm not very technical so please bare with me. I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 running XP. I am able to connect to various wireless hubs (domestic Sky & Virgin) however at one location I get the 'limited or no connectivity' message. Other laptops & phones connect fine to this router. I've ensured the 'Obtain an IP address automatically' is selected but still no joy. All error messages seem to point to a problem renewing the IP address. Any ideas?

Stockie

2. reticentAJ

reticentAJ

First Name:
    AJ
    To renew ip address, go to start icon in the bottom left hand corner. Click all programs. Click accessories. Click command prompt. A black box will appear. Type ipconfig/release. This will release your ip address and will output a bunch of text. Ignore it all. Then, type ipconfig/renew. This will give you a new ip address. Again, ignore all the text. If this doesn't get you internet, then in this black box again, type ipconfig/all. Copy all of the text it outputs, and paste it into this forum. Make sure not to copy the text from the ipconfig/release or ipconfig/renew. Just the text output after the ipconfig/all

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what type of security are they all using WPA2 maynot be supported on the PC or you may need to update the wireless network adapter driver
    WPA2 needs comapatable hardware to work

4. Stockie

Stockie Thread Starter

Thanks for all your help. I've update the network adapter and is well :)
    Stockie

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    your welcome (y) thanks for letting us know
    You can mark your own threads solved using the [​IMG] button at the top of the page of the thread in the upper left corner. :)

6. reticentAJ

reticentAJ

First Name:
    AJ
    Don't forget to mark your thread solved, as stated above "You can mark your own threads solved using the [​IMG] button at the top of the page of the thread in the upper left corner. :)" Thanks.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice