1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Limited or no connectivity

Discussion in 'Networking' started by GLYNNROY, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GLYNNROY

GLYNNROY Thread Starter

Right I have set up my wireless router with my home computer but I cannot get it to connect with my laptop, its through AOL, so its software based, but that went in ok so that bits fine.

I now need to set my laptop up so, I click on network connections on my Laptop and press the internet setting button on my laptop on, then I can see the wireless network available from my home computer I then click connect and it says Limited or no connectivity am I doing something wrong have I forgot to do something to the laptop.:eek:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  3. GLYNNROY

GLYNNROY Thread Starter

It is mate.............

Its just the laptop I cant get connectted with I can see the network but its saying limited or no connectivity.

I have just seen this in my other post would this be my problem from the laptop side of things.

You can login to the router from http://192.168.0.1 username and password is admin

From my laptop or home computer.

I have just seen this would I do this in my laptop that is saying limited or no connectivity as my home computer is fine after the set up its just the laptop now.Confused

To Configure the Router

(Other suggestions are available by typing one step as an AOL keyword.)

1. Start a browser, and type 192.168.0.1 in the address box.
    2. Click Setup > Basic Settings.
    3. Under "Does Your Internet Connection Require a Login?" select Yes. A new item "Internet Service Provider" appears on the page.
    4. Select Other in the pull down. If it appears, you may select PPPoE instead, if you use it. DO NOT SELECT AOL!
    5. For "Login", enter an AOL account username followed by @aol.com. E.g., [email protected]. The login name and password must both be lowercase!
    6. For "Password", enter the AOL password for this account.

4. PacosDad

PacosDad

I banged my head trying to figure out my problem, limited or no connectivity while visiting a friends home, had hooked up to internet with one computer, but was not able to connect even if wireless showed me connected, but with limited or no connectivity , which meant I was not going to be able to surf internet even if it showed connected..

Turned out that I was using wrong WEP key,, and according to tech support guy site, that
    would create a problem. checked out WEP number, and sure enough had used wrong number... thanks guys for your help

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Please don't open duplicate threads for the same issue.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542595

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice