Limited or no connectivity

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GLYNNROY

Right I have set up my wireless router with my home computer but I cannot get it to connect with my laptop, its through AOL, so its software based, but that went in ok so that bits fine.

I now need to set my laptop up so, I click on network connections on my Laptop and press the internet setting button on my laptop on, then I can see the wireless network available from my home computer I then click connect and it says Limited or no connectivity am I doing something wrong have I forgot to do something to the laptop.:eek:

GLYNNROY

It is mate.............

Its just the laptop I cant get connectted with I can see the network but its saying limited or no connectivity.

I have just seen this in my other post would this be my problem from the laptop side of things.

You can login to the router from http://192.168.0.1 username and password is admin

From my laptop or home computer.

I have just seen this would I do this in my laptop that is saying limited or no connectivity as my home computer is fine after the set up its just the laptop now.Confused

To Configure the Router

(Other suggestions are available by typing one step as an AOL keyword.)

1. Start a browser, and type 192.168.0.1 in the address box.
2. Click Setup > Basic Settings.
3. Under "Does Your Internet Connection Require a Login?" select Yes. A new item "Internet Service Provider" appears on the page.
4. Select Other in the pull down. If it appears, you may select PPPoE instead, if you use it. DO NOT SELECT AOL!
5. For "Login", enter an AOL account username followed by @aol.com. E.g., [email protected]. The login name and password must both be lowercase!
6. For "Password", enter the AOL password for this account.

I banged my head trying to figure out my problem, limited or no connectivity while visiting a friends home, had hooked up to internet with one computer, but was not able to connect even if wireless showed me connected, but with limited or no connectivity , which meant I was not going to be able to surf internet even if it showed connected..

Turned out that I was using wrong WEP key,, and according to tech support guy site, that
would create a problem. checked out WEP number, and sure enough had used wrong number... thanks guys for your help

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Please don't open duplicate threads for the same issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online