1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Limited or no connectivity

Discussion in 'Networking' started by evilla64, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. evilla64

evilla64 Thread Starter

I have this HP pavillion zv6000 that i reinstalled win xp home edition on. I went to HP website to download all drivers needed for it. However, i cant get internet explorer connection to open. Its connected to internet because it updated all of the antivirus and other programs installed but, i get a message that still tells me. Limited or no connectivity. I went to local connection since i am using an Ethernet connection and checked all properties. Everything looks fine. I know sp2 for xp has had some problems...........what do you suggest??:)

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

Hi:If you show limited/no connectivity,most probably you do not have an internet connection.
    Two things:
    Try a stack repair first:
    Stack repair for XP and Vista.
    Courtesy of Johnwill of the Networking forum.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following netsh commands..

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

If no joy there,let's see this:
    Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

3. evilla64

evilla64 Thread Starter

Thanks.........i will try. That was my next option but wanted to ask what other options i had. Let you know the succes!

4. oracle2b

oracle2b

make sure your firewall isn't blocking the network connection especially if your using a third party firewall. Ensure that dhcp is enabled. If it continues to be a problem check the modem settings to make sure your actually getting a internet connection.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice